1. Personal appearance of the applicant is required in all cases. Wear a decent attire (no sleeveless and/or collarless attire) and without eyeglasses/contact lenses. No facial piercings allowed
2. Most Recent Philippine passport and a photocopy of data page of that passport (Old passport is returned)
3. Passport Application Form signed by applicant, or in case of minor below 18 years old, signed by the parent or legal guardian.
-Do Not Bring Passport Pictures. Passport Pictures are to be Taken by the Consulate.
-Passports Valid for a Year or Less From Issuance Date May be Renewed.
FOR A MARRIED WOMAN USING HER HUSBAND’S SURNAME FOR THE FIRST TIME
A. In case of woman married in the U.S.:
- one (1) original and
- one (1) photocopy of the Report of Marriage (ROM) issued by the Philippine Consulate where the marriage took place.
Note: From my personal experience, if you have reported your marriage more than 6 months, you will need the PSA Marriage Certificate instead of an ROM.
B. In case of woman married in the Philippines:
- one (1) original or certified true copy
- one (1) photocopy of PSA Marriage Certificate [Apply Here for your PSA document/s].
ePassport Processing Fee – $60.00 in cash, US Postal Money Order or cashier’s check payable to the Consulate.
Bring your own self-addressed and postage prepaid USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope as the return envelope when you want the passport/s mailed. Check the USPS webpage about priority mail here: USPS PRIORITY MAIL WEBPAGE
With the USPS tracking number, you can track your passport at USPS TRACKING [click here for link to USPS tracking] beginning 10 weeks from processing date.
The Consulate shall not assume any responsibility for passports/documents mailed through USPS .
Passport releasing time takes 10 weeks from date of processing.
The Consular Officer reserves the right to require additional proof or documents, pursuant to the Philippine Passport Law and the Foreign Service Act.
For other conditions in renewing the passport please refer to this page Philippine Consulate of Los Angeles website