How to get NBI Clearance from Philippine Embassy Bangkok?
This is how I processed my NBI clearance. You can click here for full application instruction.
First Step (Philippine Embassy)
- Bring the following documents before going to Philippine embassy:
- ✔ 2 pieces of 2×2 photos with white background
- ✔ Old NBI Clearance
- ✔ Passport
- ✔ Work permit or other I.D(for the embassy security purposes)
- ✔ Authorization Letter(for a any relative or friends to transact on your behalf)
- Go to Philippine embassy and ask for a Fingerprint Card form for NBI Clearance. The officer might ask your passport,old NBI clearance and 2×2 photo.
Note: While filling up the form for married women, please write your name in the following order: maiden surname (father’s surname), husband’s surname, first or given name, and maternal surname (mother’s family name).
- The Embassy will have your fingerprints impressed (ROLLED IMPRESSION) and authenticate the Fingerprint Card form.
Note: The finger print fee is more or less 800 Baht.
- Send the authenticated Fingerprint Card together with the authorization letter form thru a representative or authorize person in the Philippines.
Note: The authorize person will have to pay 115 pesos for the NBI clearance.
Philippine Embassy Bangkok
Second Step (Sending thru DHL)
You can send thru Thailandpost or FedEx. I just send mine thru DHL because its the nearest from the embassy and I was in a hurry.
- From the embassy take a walk to BTS Prom Phong(South) or to BTS Thonglo(North) Station.
- When you are at the BTS Station, get a ticket to BTS Chitlom. The DHL post is located within the station. and open Mon-Sun 10.30am – 07.30pm Cut-off Time: 4.30 pm.
Much better to authorize a person, relative or friend within Manila to get your NBI on your behalf.
For Express mail its more or less 1,200 Baht. It will be available in the Philippines by the next day. Track your document using your receipt number here!
- Then, mail the authenticated Fingerprint Card Form, along with a signed authorization letter, receipt from the finger print fee and signed passport copy
Map from BTS Thonglo – BTS Chitlom
Third Step (NBI Philippines)
- The authorize person may visit the office of the Electronic Data Processing Division (EDPD) in NBI Taft Avenue, Manila for further assistance. He/She must bring the authorization letter and the authenticated Fingerprint Form. He/she must also bring his/her valid I.D.
- Lastly, the authorize person will send back your NBI Clearance to your address thru any branch of DHL, FedEx or Post office.
For express mail(DHL or FedEx) from Philippines to Thailand it will takes 3 days.
Obtaining NBI Clearance Online
Not applicable when you are residing abroad. Click NBI Clearance Page to begin application.
NBI Clearance Online Application