- Completed Driver License or Identification Card Application (Form DL 44)
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- One proof of birthdate/legal presence in the United States (only originals or certified copies):
- Green Card a.k.a. I-551 Form (non-U.S. citizens)
- I-551 stamp on passport (non-U.S. citizens)
- Birth certificate
- One proof of name change, if necessary (only originals or certified copies):
- Marriage certificate
- Divorce decree
- Court order
- Two(2) Documents proving your California Residency:
- Home utility bills
- Lease agreement showing your name in the contract.
- Title or deed to your residence/property
- Pay stub from your employer
- Application fee – $29
How to apply?
First, find the nearest DMV office near your area, DMV Office finder.
Second, visit your local California DMV.
Third, Complete the application form and provide the requirements listed above.
Fourth, Provide your thumbprint.
Fifth, Take a picture for the ID card
Lastly, Pay the $29 identification card fee.